Texas Counties Deliver
Washington County Addressing

John Murrell

Addressing and Mapping Coordinator

Washington County Engineering and Development Services

3650 State Highway 36 N Brenham, TX 77833

Phone: 979-277-6279 ext. 5808
Email: wacaddressing@wacounty.com

Address Request Form

County Addressing Standards and Procedures

Washington County Property Locator Web App

If you are in the process of building any type of building or structure in Washington County, and need a 9-1-1 address (physical address), please contact John Murrell at the above phone number (979-277-6279).  This office assigns physical addresses to any property in Washington County that is not within the incorporated City of Brenham.  In order for this office to assign an address to your property, please have the following information when you call.

  1. The owner's name and, if recently purchased, the previous owner's name.
  2. The closest neighbor or address, preferably on the same side of the road.
  3. What we will be able to see from the road, at your driveway or gate entrance.

If you feel your entrance will need a culvert, contact either Washington County Engineering and Development Services (979-277-6275) or the Texas Department of Transportation (979-836-9359).  This will depend on whether you are entering from a County road or a State road (a State road is a Highway or FM Road).  If your road is a Private Road and you do not have a driveway or gate, you will need to mark where your new entrance will be with flags or wooden stakes before it can be addressed.

If you are in the incorporated City of Brenham and need an address, please call (979) 337-7409.


How do I find out what my 911 address should be?

Complete the Physical Address Request Form above to request a new address. For verification of an existing address, call the 979-277-6279.
Why doesn’t my 911 address come up on Google, Google Earth, Garmin, delivery services, or other software correctly?

 BVCOG is the central location for addressing within our 7 county region. Washington County’s mapping information is sent to BVCOG weekly. Companies such as Google and other commercial GPS services can reach out to BVCOG for current mapping and GIS data, readily available to retrieve, including mapping for Washington County. It is the responsibility of those agencies to update their databases with the provided information.

In addition, BVCOG sends weekly data updates to the Regional Postmaster, which includes address changes or additions. However, mail services such as UPS, USPS, and FedEx are responsible for contacting the Regional Postmaster to retrieve updated or new data.

Washington County does not send mapping or addressing information directly to Google or other GPS services.

What can you do to try to get your 911 address placement correct on Google, Google Earth, Garmin, FedEx, etc.?

First, confirm your 9-1-1 address with our office at 979-277-6279. Once you have confirmed your address, you might choose to look your address up on whichever service you prefer to use. Many of them have a way to use their interactive tools on their website to enter your corrected address and/or location. They do not confirm this with our office directly, nor are they required to share this correction with any other company.


GIS Information

Welcome to the Washington County GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and Addressing information site. This division of Washington County Engineering and Development Services duties are as follows:

  • Providing GIS support to county departments in the form of maps, GPS information, and spatial awareness applications
  • Collection of GPS data for county asset management
  • Creation of maps for public information

For information regarding addressing, contact 979-277-6279 or click here

Public maps and other information can be found here at these following links: