Washington County, Precinct 4
P. O. Box 120 (Mailing)
402 N Main Street (physical)
Burton, TX 77835
Instructions for credit
To make a credit payment online, visit www.washingtoncountypayments.com. You may also contact a representative for assistance making a payment at (979)353-3007. You will need your ticket or case number or you driver license/ID number to complete your payment.
If you need information regarding your citation and do not have a copy of the courtesy notice, one can be found below for your convenience.
If you have outstanding citations with fines, the following website may be of assistance. https://tickethelptexas.org
Courtesy Letter (January 2020)
IF YOU WANT TO REQUEST DEFENSIVE DRIVING:
In order to use defensive driving to satisfy your citation, you MUST:
• Have a Texas driver license. (Commercial Driver's with CDL's DO NOT qualify for defensive driving, whether driving either a commercial vehicle, a personal vehicle or a motorcycle).
• Certify that you have not taken the course in the previous 12 months for the purpose of ticket dismissal; and
• Have not have been cited for a speed of 25 mph or more than the legal speed limit or for 95 mph or more over the speed limit.
If you have received a citation and prefer to request Defensive Driving, you MUST submit the following items to our Court, on or before your appearance date by certified mail:
* 1. A completed reply form - signed, dated & notarized. (You can find a copy of this reply form above by clicking "Courtesy Letter Page 1").
* 2. Proof of your valid Texas liability Insurance.
* 3. A copy of your citation.
* 4. A self-addressed, stamped envelope. (This is an envelope that you address to yourself & put a stamp on.)
* 5. A copy of your valid Texas driver's license.
* 6. A court fee of $ 144.00 which must be in the form of a cashier's check or money order, made payable to Washington County.
Some things to note with the defensive driving option:
You CANNOT take the course before you receive permission from the Court. This means all of the above information needs to be submitted to the Court BEFORE you take the class or sign up. After the Court gives you the permission to use the Defensive Driving option to satisfy your citation, you have 90 days to complete your course and submit your proof of completion. If you fail to meet the 90 day deadline, a WARRANT for your arrest may be issued and your driver license renewal may be denied.
If you would like to request Deferred Probation for your citation, your request MUST be submitted in writing. For your convenience, the Court has a form for you to fill out and submit.
Deferred Disposition Request Judge Riddle.pdf
If you would like to file a civil case in Precinct 4, the following documents are available to you for download.
Eviction Petition Judge Harold C. Riddle.pdf
Debt Claim Petition Judge Riddle.pdf
Small Claims Petition Judge Riddle.pdf
Repair and Remedy Petition Judge Riddle.pdf
Defendants Answer Justice Court Judge Riddle.pdf
Military Status Website Information Judge Riddle.pdf
Civil Information Sheet.pdf